Changes to bus times in Buckinghamshire from 10th June 2012
We will be making changes to a number of our services in Buckinghamshire, some to improve reliability and others to match the service provided more closely to demand.
Full details of the changes are shown below and in a special leaflet. New timetable leaflets will be available from local outlets or by phoning 0844 800 4411.
The new times can also be viewed by clicking the service headings below.
2 AYLESBURY – QUARRENDON
- There will be minor timetable changes during the Monday to Friday peak period.
31 PENN – HAZLEMERE – HIGH WYCOMBE – DOWNLEY
- The timetable will be revised throughout the week with running times adjusted to improve reliability but retaining the same frequencies of service.
– On Schooldays an extra bus will run at 1555 hours from Marlow Hill schools via Eden Bus Station and then via the normal Service 31 route to Penn. This will replace the Service 850 bus which currently runs from the schools to Penn.
40 HIGH WYCOMBE – WEST WYCOMBE – STOKENCHURCH – THAME
– Most buses will be extended within High Wycombe to run via Frogmoor and Castle Street to and from the Rail Station Interchange. Those arriving from the Stokenchurch direction and running to the Rail Station will not serve Eden Bus Station.
– On Saturday afternoons, the buses which currently run as Service 340 will become Service 40 running hourly along the normal Service 40 route.
41 HAZLEMERE – BOWERDEAN – DOWNLEY
– The route of this ‘Early-bird’ service will be changed in Sands to run via Dashwood Avenue and Rutland Avenue.
45 HIGH WYCOMBE – TERRIERS – CRYERS HILL – GREAT KINGSHILL – PRESTWOOD – GREAT MISSENDEN
– This service will be withdrawn and replaced by an improved Service 48 running via Hazlemere.
48 HIGH WYCOMBE – TERRIERS – HAZLEMERE – GREAT KINGSHILL – PRESTWOOD – GREAT MISSENDEN
– This service will be expanded and will run all day on Mondays to Saturdays.
– Between High Wycombe, Hazlemere and Great Missenden buses will run hourly for the main part of the day.
– Buses will run beyond Eden Bus Station to and from Sands and Lane End, replacing Service 340 over this section of route and giving new links across the town. At Lane End they will run a one-way loop serving Park Lane, The Row, High Street, Simmons Way, Archers Way and back to Park Lane.
– Some morning buses will start at Clayhill and will run via Simmons Way and Archers Way in Lane End, with some evening peak-time buses being extended to Clayhill via the same route.
– In Widmer End, buses will run via Brimmers Hill, Windmill Lane and George’s Hill to replace part of existing Service 45.
50 AYLESBURY – STOKE MANDEVILLE – WENDOVER – RAF HALTON
– The timetable will be revised during the peak period on Mondays to Fridays.
52 HIGH WYCOMBE – HAZLEMERE – AMERSHAM - CHESHAM – BOVINGDON – HEMEL HEMPSTEAD
– This service will no longer run, being replaced in part by revised Services 62 and 353. Please see below for details of these services.
55 AYLESBURY – STOKE MANDEVILLE – WENDOVER – GREAT MISSENDEN – AMERSHAM – CHESHAM
– The timetable will be revised and will include new peak-time journeys between Chesham and Amersham which serve Churchill Avenue and Oxford Road in Aylesbury for the benefit of students and staff travelling to and from Aylesbury College.
61 AYLESBURY – TRING – IVINGHOE – DUNSTABLE – LUTON – LUTON AIRPORT
– There will be minor changes to the timings between Totternhoe and Luton Airport of some eastbound Monday to Saturday buses to improve reliability.
62 HIGH WYCOMBE – HAZLEMERE – AMERSHAM – CHESHAM – NORTHCHURCH
– This service will no longer run between Pond Park Estate, Berkhamsted and Northchurch, this section of route being covered by newService 354. Please see below for more details.
– The frequency of Service 62 between Pond Park Estate, Chesham and High Wycombe will be increased to run every 20 minutes for the main part of the day on Mondays to Fridays, with extra evening journeys added. On Saturdays the main daytime frequency will continue to give a half-hourly service.
– From Chesham to Pond Park Estate buses will continue to follow the existing route but when they leave Pond Park to return towards Chesham and High Wycombe they will run via Addison Road and Berkhampstead Road back to the Broadway.
72 WYCOMBE GENERAL HOSPITAL – HIGH WYCOMBE – AMERSHAM HOSPITAL
– This Monday to Friday evening service will no longer run, but additional evening buses on Services 62 and H1 will provide a replacement facility.
306 EDEN BUS STATION – TOTTERIDGE DRIVE
– This service, which has been run on behalf of Buckinghamshire County Council, will be run by another company.
340 HIGH WYCOMBE – SANDS – LANE END – STOKENCHURCH – THAME
– This service will no longer run, being replaced between High Wycombe and Lane End by an extended Service 48. The Saturday afternoon buses will be replaced between Stokenchurch and Thame by a revised Service 40.
353 AMERSHAM – CHALFONT ST. GILES – CHALFONT ST. PETER – GERRARDS CROSS – STOKE POGES – SLOUGH
– This service will be extended beyond Amersham to run hourly via the present Service 52 route to Chesham, Berkhampstead Road, Bovingdon and Hemel Hempstead, serving Hemel Hempstead rail and bus stations. These buses will not serve Pond Park Estate on Mondays to Saturdays.
– On Sundays the existing Service 52 timetable and route via Pond Park Estate will continue to apply but will be numbered as 353.
354 CHESHAM – BERKHAMSTEAD – NORTHCHURCH
– This new Monday to Saturday service will replace the existing Service 62 between Chesham and Northchurch but will run via Berkhampstead Road instead of via Pond Park Estate. Buses will run approximately every 75 minutes.
800/850 HIGH WYCOMBE – MARLOW – HENLEY-ON-THAMES – READING
– The 0650 hours Monday to Friday bus from Reading will run as Service 850 instead of 800 and will be re-routed accordingly.
– The 1450 Schooldays Service 850 bus from Reading which serves Marlow Hill schools in High Wycombe and then extends to Penn will follow the normal route to Eden Bus Station where it will terminate. A Service 31 bus to Penn will start at the schools at 1555 to provide a similar facility for students travelling towards Penn.
H1 HIGH WYCOMBE – WYCOMBE GENERAL HOSPITAL
– The timetable will be revised with most journeys running earlier than at present.
– Additional evening buses will be provided, replacing the Service 72 journeys.
PR1 HIGH WYCOMBE PARK & RIDE
– The timetable willl be revised to give a twenty-minute frequency during the middle of the day on Mondays to Saturdays. There will also be some adjustments to timings during the afternoon peak period. These changes are designed to improve reliability of service PR1 due to the additional time required to serve the Rail Station interchange.