February 17th, 2012
Courtesy of Transportforbucks.net
Young people’s concessionary travel scheme
If you are a resident of Buckinghamshire aged 16 or 17 you’re able to take advantage of discounted bus travel with the Make More Citizen Card. The proof of age card entitles you to travel on buses for £1 single trip.
From 20th February this scheme is changing. Single fares will now be £1.20 with certain journeys going up to £1.50. Journeys travelling outside of Buckinghamshire will no longer be discounted.
This is the first increase to fares since the start of this scheme in May 2007. The decision reflects the need to manage a limited budget whilst still providing an accessible discount scheme for 16 and 17 year olds.
In addition to reduced bus fares, card holders can now benefit from a range of other discounts through the Lealta Discount Scheme saving them money at participating shops. To find out how to claim please go to www.citizencard.com/cclealta
To benefit from this scheme, please fill in the application form below and return to your school or college office. If your Make More Citizen Card is lost or stolen, please fill in the Replacement Card application form at the bottom of this page and return to your school, college or to the above address.
Discounted bus travel
- Your citizen card MUST have the Bucks County Council logo on the front and be shown to the bus driver when you buy your ticket.
- The offer starts after 9am weekdays and all day at weekends.
- Journeys within the Arriva’s Aylesbury, Wycombe inner and outer zones and Carousel Buses’ zones 1, 2 and 3 will be £1.20. See published zone area’s for more details
- Single journeys starting/finishing or crossing into/out of the Arriva Aylesbury or Wycombe outer zones or Carousel’s zone 3 will be £1.50.
- The bus journey must operate wholly within Buckinghamshire.
- The scheme is available on most bus services operated by Arriva, Carousel and routes contracted by Transport for Buckinghamshire.
A map showing the Arriva zones can be found in related files below. More information about Carousel’s zones can be found at http://www.carouselbuses.com/fares.html
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08453 70 80 90